Vivo has just announced the Y100 5G, the latest 5G smartphone in the Y series in China, after another Y100 model was unveiled in India earlier this year. The smartphone features a 6.78-inch curved OLED screen with FHD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate, along with an 8MP camera located in the notch. It runs Android 13 with Origin OS 3.
The phone features Elliptic Labs’ INNER BEAUTY artificial virtual proximity sensor, which detects when the user brings the phone to their ear during a call, allowing the smartphone to turn off the display and disable the touch screen features. By replacing hardware sensors with software sensors, the AI Virtual Proximity Sensor reduces the cost of the device and eliminates sourcing risk, Elliptic Labs said.
It is powered by a Snapdragon 695 processor with up to 12GB of expandable RAM. The phone has a 64MP rear camera with OIS and a 2MP depth sensor.
The phone has a high-strength aluminum alloy frame and new shock-absorbing materials, making it drop-resistant, vivo claims. The phone is IP54 dust and water resistant, has a 5,000mAh battery and still retains a sleek 7.49mm design in black, and the back cover has a quicksand texture combined with nano-level coating technology.
The green color has a feather-like texture that is reminiscent of a breeze blowing on your face and clouds rolling in and relaxing. It has a 3D frosted glass finish that doesn’t attract fingerprints, while the blue color has a textured nano-enamel finish with a finish that resembles the twinkling of thousands of stars.
Specifications of the vivo Y100 5G
Specs listed below:
- 6.78-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 and 105% NTSC color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 695 (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 processors) 8nm mobile Octa Core platform with Adreno 619L GPU
- LPDDR4x 8GB / 12GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB storage (UFS 2.2)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 13 with OriginOS 3
- Rear camera 64MP with f/1.79 aperture, OmniVision OV64B sensor, OIS, portrait camera 2MP with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor embedded in the display
- Dimensions: 164.42x 74.92x 7.57mm (blue and green) / 7.49mm (black); Weight: 183g (blue and green) / 172g (black)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000 mAh battery with 44W fast charging
Price and Availability
The vivo Y100 5G is priced at CNY 1,399 ($191 / Rs 16,065) for 8GB + 128GB, CNY 1,599 ($218 / Rs 18,360) for 8GB + 256GB, CNY 1,799 ($245 / Rs 20,465) for 12GB + 256GB and the top-end 12GB + 512GB model costs CNY 1,999 ($273 / Rs 22,740). The phone is already available for order and will go on sale in China from November 4.