OPPO has started selling the A79 5G smartphone in India, the latest 5G smartphone in the A series, which was unveiled back in August. The smartphone features a 6.72-inch 90Hz LCD screen and is powered by the Dimensity 6020 SoC, which is a rebranding of the Dimensity 700. It is equipped with 8GB of RAM and an additional 8GB of virtual memory.
The phone features a 50MP rear camera and 2MP portrait camera, 8MP front camera, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, polycarbonate frame with metallic texture, IP54 dust and water resistance and a 5,000mAh battery with 33W SuperVOOC fast charging that can charge the phone up to 51% in 30 minutes.
OPPO A79 5G specifications
Full list of A79 specs:
- 6.72-inch (2400 x 1080) FHD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, peak brightness up to 680 nits, 96% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-core 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 6020 processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPU) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- LPDDR4x 8GB RAM, 128GB storage (UFS 2.2), expandable via microSD
- Android 13 with ColorOS 13.1
- Dual SIM
- Rear camera 50MP with f/1.8 aperture, Samsung JN1 sensor, portrait camera 2MP with OV02B1B sensor, f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 165.6×76×7.99 mm; Weight: 193 g.
- Dust and water resistant (IP54)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000 mAh battery (typical) with 33W SuperVOOC charging
Price and Availability
The OPPO A79 5G is available in Mystery Black and Glowing Green colors and is priced at Rs 19,999. The phone will be available from tomorrow, October 28, 2023 at OPPO Store, Flipkart, Amazon and other outlets.
Festive sale offers and service offers
OPPO has announced discounts and promotions on select products for the Diwali season:
- Customers can avail cashback up to INR 4,000 and free EMIs for up to 9 months from ICICI Bank, SBI Cards, Kotak Bank, IDFC First Bank, Bank of Baroda Credit Card, AU Finance Bank and One Card at major retail stores and OPPO Store.
- In addition, buyers can avail zero down payment schemes from leading finance companies such as Bajaj Finserv, TVS Credit, Home Credit, HDB Financial Services, IDFC First Bank and Mahindra Finance.
- Loyal OPPO buyers can also avail an exchange bonus of up to INR 4,000
- Under the My OPPO Exclusive program, customers can win cash prize up to INR 10 lakh and other guaranteed gifts on purchase of any OPPO device.