OPPO has unveiled the A2, the company’s newest budget smartphone in the A-series, in China, following the launch of the A2x last month. The phone features a 6.72-inch FHD+ 90Hz LCD screen and is powered by the Dimensity 6020 SoC, which is a rebranding of the Dimensity 700. It has 12 GB of RAM and an additional 12 GB of virtual memory.
The phone has a 50-megapixel rear camera with a 2-megapixel depth sensor, an 8-megapixel front camera, a fingerprint scanner on the side, a textured back, and a 5000 mAh battery.
OPPO A2 specifications
A2 specs listed below:
- 6.72-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ LCD screen with an aspect ratio of 20:9, refresh rate of 90 Hz, touch sampling rate of 180 Hz, peak brightness of up to 680 nits
- MediaTek Dimensity 6020 7 nm octa-core processor (two Cortex-A76 processors with a clock speed of 2.2 GHz + hexa-core Cortex-A55 with a clock speed of 2 GHz) with Mali-G57 MC2 graphics processor
- 12 GB of LPDDR4x RAM with 256 GB / 512 GB storage (UFS 2.2), expandable memory via microSD
- Android 13 with ColorOS 13.1
- Dual SIM card
- 50 MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2 MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor on the side panel
- 3.5 mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 165.6 × 76 × 7.99 mm; Weight: 193 g
- Dustproof and waterproof (IP54)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000 mAh battery (standard) with 33W SuperVOOC fast charging
Price and availability
The OPPO A2 is available in black, green, and purple colors and is priced at CNY 1699 (USD 232 / INR 19,340 approximately) for the 12GB + 256GB model, while the 12GB + 512GB model is priced at CNY 1799 (USD 245 / INR 20,475 approximately). The phone is already available for pre-order in China and will go on sale from November 6.