OnePlus has just launched the OnePlus Open, the company’s first foldable phone, in India as promised. The phone features a 7.82-inch foldable 2K OLED screen with 1-120Hz refresh rate (LTPO), peak brightness up to 2,800 nits, Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG), while the external 6.3-inch FHD+ OLED screen supports 10-120Hz refresh rate (LTPO) and uses ceramic protection.
Both screens support ProXDR technology and 1440Hz high-frequency PWM backlighting. The screen is certified by TÜV Rheinland for “reliable folding” for 1,000,000 or 1 million folds, the company claims.
The phone uses a cobalt-molybdenum alloy and titanium alloy, making it lighter and stronger than the surgical-grade 316L stainless steel used in today’s folding phones. The hinge backbone plate is made of an amorphous zirconium-based alloy that is twice as strong as surgical-grade stainless steel and has good wear and scratch resistance.
To create a thin and lightweight foldable phone, the company used the Flexion hinge, which has a “water drop” shape, reducing the number of hinge components from about 100 to just 69. The case is just 5.8mm thick when unfolded and 11.7mm thick when folded. The glass version weighs 245 g and the leather version weighs 239 g. The phone also features a notification slider.
The smartphone features Sony’s new 48-megapixel LYTIA “Pixel Stacked” sensor for the first time.
In a foldable smartphone. OnePlus claims that the image quality is as good as the 1-inch Sony IMX989 camera. There is a 48MP OV64B 3X telephoto sensor with 6x in-sensor zoom and up to 120x digital zoom. There’s also a 48MP ultra-wide-angle camera, all with 4K 60 fps video recording. There are external 32MP and internal 20MP front cameras, both with 4K 30 fps video recording capabilities.
The phone runs OxygenOS 13.2. The OnePlus Open will get four years of major Android version updates and five years of security updates.
It has Open Canvas, built from the ground up to enhance everyday productivity – multi-window work on a large screen. About 95% of major apps are compatible with the larger screen. With Open Canvas, multi-window operations or screen splitting are not restricted
not limited by the physical size of the display.
At any given time, up to three application windows can be displayed on the screen in vertical or horizontal orientation. These split-screen windows can be move and resize them according to your preferences. In addition, you can now save up to nine multi-application presets for instant access to the most effective applications.Instant access to the most effective combination of multiple apps in your workspace.
The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC, has 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM and 512GB of UFS 4.0 storage. It features a heat-source-oriented heat dissipation system and is IPX4 splash resistant.
The phone has a 4805 mAh battery with 67W fast charging support that charges to 100% in 42 minutes. Wireless charging is not available in the phone.
OnePlus Open specifications
All OP Open specs listed below:
- 7.82″ (2440×2268 pixels) 2K AMOLED 1-120Hz LTPO display with peak brightness up to 2800 nits, 1440Hz PWM dimming, Ultra Thin Glass protection
- 6.31″ (2484×1116 pixels) FHD+ AMOLED 10-120 Hz LTPO display with peak brightness up to 2800 nits, 1440 Hz PWM dimming, Ceramic Guard protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm mobile platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM, 512GB of UFS 4.0 storage
- Android 13 with OxygenOS 13.2 operating system
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48 MP (main wide-angle) with f/1.7 aperture, OIS, Sony LYT-T808, 48 MP 114° ultra-wide-angle with f/2.2 aperture, macro shooting from 3.5 cm distance, Sony IMX581, 64 MP telephoto camera with f/2 aperture, 6, 3x optical, 6x intra-sensor zoom, up to 120x digital zoom, OmniVision OV32C, Hasselblad camera features, video up to 4K 60 fps, Dolby Vision at 4K 30 fps Front camera
- 32MP 88.5° f/2.4 (cover screen) / 20MP 91° f/2.2 (main screen), video up to 4K 30 fps
- USB Type-C audio, three stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Side fingerprint scanner
- Splashproof (IPX4) Dimensions: 153.4×143.1 (73.3 mm folded)x5.8 mm (battery side)/5.9 mm (cover-screen side) for glass edition / 6.0 mm (battery side) / 5.9 mm (cover-screen side) for leather edition when open, 11.7 mm (glass) / 11.9 mm (leather) when closed; Weight: 245 g (glass) / 239 g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5.1GHz + 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band), GLONASS, Galileo (E1+E5a Dual Band), Beidou, A-GPS, QZSS
- 4085 mAh battery with 67W SuperVOOC fast charging support
Pricing and Availability
OnePlus Open is available in Emerald Dusk with glass back and Voyager Black with vegan leather back and is priced at Rs. 1,39,999 for the single 16GB + 512GB model.
It is now available for pre-order on Amazon.in, OnePlus.in, OnePlus Store app, OnePlus Experience, Reliance Digital and select partner stores and will go on sale from October 27.
It will be priced at $1,699 (Rs. 1,41,220) in the US and €1,799 (Rs. 1,58,090) in Europe.
Here are some offers for new buyers availiable:
- As part of the early access, users can benefit up to INR 13,000.
- Users can trade-in their current phones and get an additional bonus of INR 8,000 on select devices.
- Users can also get an instant bank discount of INR 5,000 on purchases through ICICI Bank credit and debit cards as well as OneCard.
Additional pre-order offers for JioPlus users
Benefit up to INR 15,000 on INR 699 Postpaid plan under which a OnePlus 11 user can enjoy 100GB per month with OTT benefits on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Jio TV along with an additional 3 SIMs for friends/family. The offer will be available for all existing and new Jio users.