HONOR has unveiled the HONOR Play 8T in China, the latest budget smartphone in the HONOR Play series. It features a 6.8-inch FHD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 6080 SoC, has up to 12GB of RAM and 8GB of virtual memory.
The phone runs Android 13 with MagicOS 7.2 operating system. It has a 50MP rear camera along with a 2MP depth sensor and an 8MP front camera located inside the perforated hole. There is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The phone has a 6000mAh battery with 35W fast charging support.
HONOR Play 8T specifications:
All specs below:
- 6.8-inch (2412×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, brightness up to 850 nits
- Octa-core 6nm MediaTek Dimensity 6080 processor (Dual 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPU) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 8GB RAM / 12GB LPDDR4x, 256GB internal storage expandable via microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 13 with MagicOS 7.2
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Side fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Dimensions: 166.7×76.5×8.24mm; Weight: 199g.
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000 mAh battery with 35W fast charging
Price and Availability
The HONOR Play 8T is available in Midnight Black, Ink Jade Green and Streaming Silver colors and is priced at CNY 1,099 ($150 USD / Rs 12,520 approx) for the 8GB+256GB model and 12GB+256GB for the 1,299 CNY ($177 USD / Rs 14,930 approx) model. The phone is already available in China.